Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Time Machine

So for some reason I have spent the past couple days burying myself in pop from the 40's and 50's. So I decided I should post about it. The Andrews sisters (the main body of this post) are classic pop from the WWII era, mostly close harmony vocal trio stuff with jazz accompaniment. Its fun/cool to listen to and would go well in any sort of party playlist or sampled in a fat electro track. but thats another story.

I have also included some other stuff that has resulted from my research, with notes about each track below.

If I Had A Million Dollars - The Boswell Sisters - classic tune, classic interpretation.



Don't Sit Under The Apple Tree - The Andrews Sisters - i think their most popular tune ever

42nd Street - Boswell Sisters - For any musical theatre freaks: interesting. listen to this.

I had to include ballads as well:

I'll Be With You In Apple Blossom Time - The Andrews Sisters - pretty. something about an 'apple' theme here though

I Love You As I've Never Loved Before - The Mills Brothers Their only barbershop stuff i can find. but listen to the first minute and a half at least and follow the bass voice allllllllll the way down to the low C (or whatever). Ridiculous.


//p//

No comments:

Post a Comment