Wednesday, October 20, 2010

OH DAMN....DATS FUNKY


UK Funky is, as I understand it a particularly fast, drum-driven genre of house music. A lot of the time I find it repetetive, but here are a few select tracks that really got me movin'. Props as usual to Apes With Barrels and XLR8R.

Steam - Sub Swara

BANGER BANGER BANGER. Opens with these intense tribal drums, then drops into a super nasty house groove, complete with squelchy bassline. It even has a dubstep breakdown at one point. This sucker really moves.

I Might Be (Joy Orbison Remix) - Todd Edwards

Joy Orbison is a champion of this whole Funky/post-dubstep/whatever-the-fuck-it-is-they're-calling-it-now sound, and I dig his stuff. This is a really cool track, very chill and deep but with a sub bass that could melt faces, not unlike that Subwave liquid track I posted a while back.

Addicted To You (Lone Remix) - The Count and Sinden

Very housey. This one has a reeeeally cool lead synth line, very 8-bit (and you know how I love my 8-bit)

//~ Z ¡ P ~\\

BONUS: ..........more UK Funky! (not included in zip though...they were already on teh internets)
Move On - Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs
Blood Pressure - Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs
We've definitely posted on this guy before. Well, he's from the UK, and he is funky. Though he doesn't just make UK Funky: he has some great electro-pop jams, SO GO GET EM.

No comments:

Post a Comment